The Society enlists a wide array of volunteers to help with everything from staffing the front desk to assembling our monthly newsletter to making sure the grounds reflect the beauty of the community. We’ve got a place for introverts, extroverts, the organized, and the overwhelmed! Check out our volunteer opportunities or contact Janet Swanson to find your place.
- Choir Members: each singer in our choir is a volunteer, and you are invited to join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for adult choirs and email@example.com for children’s and youth choirs.
- Music Librarians: typically (but not necessarily!) members of one of the adult choirs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Musicians: our String Band, Chime Choir, and Solstice Harp Ensemble are made up of volunteer musicians. Email email@example.com to get involved.
- Soloists and Instrumentalists: We often feature solo singers and instrumentalists to augment the worship experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Event Assistants: The Friday Noon Musicale, FUS’s distinguished recital series, needs volunteers to assist the music director in putting on the weekly event. Email email@example.com.
Front Desk Greeters
Front desk greeters are at the front line of hospitality at FUS. From welcoming guests to answering the phones, these volunteers are often the first friendly face (or voice) visitors encounter. To find out more about volunteering here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second Saturday Potluck
Second Saturday Potlucks meet after the 4:30 service on Saturdays. If you would like to join us, please provide a generous dish, crock pot, basket, or plate of your favorite recipe to share with others. You can bring your dish to the Commons kitchen before the Saturday service or before the 6 pm dinner bell. When you arrive, you will be asked to label your dish (please include allergens). All are invited to attend. Contact email@example.com with questions.